Saturday 16 April 2011

Dress Me: Preppy!

Welcome Dress Me to the family of posts, haha! I want to get my blog into that fashion realm and posts like these surely will help! I think I'll schedule this post every Saturday I guess and move the Inspiration posts to Wednesdays/Fridays. I'm not too sure! I do want to experiment with the face posts and all that jazz and maybe even add articles on Sundays or something! I don't really know yet! What I do know is that I wanna make this blog the best it can be so here goes! 

Since the likes of Rachel Berry waltzed our British screens, we've been more inclined to try out this new style, which I know many of us thought of as the geeky look. However, this preppy american collegiate trend is burning hot this spring/summer and with the rise of varsity jackets appearing in the shops, I can't help but give you, my readers, a bit of a lesson on how to work this look!

Now, for wealthier set of us, heading over to net-a-porter to shop Tommy Hilfiger sounds just about right. His preppy SS11 collection was actually quite cool because he incorporated different trends as well as keeping that certain look that we're really really loving right now! The male models looked extremely dapper whilst the girls looked like Upper East Side women in the Hamptons! Tommy used his colours well and I loved the intricate patterning on some of the dresses and skirts.  I love especially the yellow dress there with the jumper tied around her neck - now that is definitely preppy!

So you're probably thinking, how on earth can I work this look with a measly budget? With only £50, I'm about to show you how!

yellow scallop blouse - £24 - topshop. yellow satchel - £7 - Primark. white brogues - £18 - boohoo. blue skirt - £6.99 - h&m

This outfit is Rachel Berry with a little bit of the coolness of Tommy Hilfiger and just about the right temperature of on trend fashion here. I know this is slightly off topic but the cool gelato colours of this outfit are very much SS11! I think I got the texture just right when it comes to the shoes and the scalloping of the Topshop blouse, which can be seen amongst many bloggers! The bright yellow satchel adds to the quirkiness of the outfit and I think this is spot on and very inexpensive too! I went over the budget slightly - by £6 - but I think maybe getting some brogues or loafers from Primark would be just as good as the ones in boohoo! 

Now that you've got all your tools, I'd love to see you rocking this look so email me those wicked photos of you doing a Rachel Berry and I'll be sure to post them on the blog! 


Umauma

xo

ps - how did you find this article? 

2 comments:

  1. wow i really like this post love this so much x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete