Tuesday 22 February 2011

LONDON FASHION WEEK: MONDAY!

Monday was a good day. All the big shots were on yesterday and celebrities left, right and centre flew in for these shows, Burberry especially. Anna Wintour - Great Goddess of Fashion! - even came in to see it so there was definitely a hot crowd for these designers! 

First came Christopher Kane, known for his neon collection and cosmic clothing! I loved how his collection made me question everything a little bit. At first, I sort of got the impression of mermaids and water from the first photo. (Don't you think LFW designers have been taking on little characters or what!?)The waves and intricate patterning on that last dress looked beautiful and I sort of through of them as seaweed, especially on that second to last dres. There was a lot of v-necked dresses and I love that collared-dress two. Christopher's front-row featured Samantha Cameron so I wonder if she was as delighted as I am.

The music was one of the waltz, and the whole show looked quite big so I know there must've been loads of celebs when it came to Erdem. I loved his designs, that first velvet dress - I would wear to prom , hands down. The middle dress reminded me of a beautiful autumn sort of feeling and really, he pulled out of the bag! The whole collection was sexy. You may not see it there but it was very sexy. These just happened to be my favourites. I was going to put six - sexy included - but my stupid editor withheld me from doing so and I'm not really that tech savvy. The last outfit is wowza. I would wear that any day. I would wear the whole collection! It was dark, beautiful and a collection for a woman who doesn't give a fly-monkeys about fashion yet dresses oh-so-effortlessly. I loved it. I love him!

There was like about fifty-something pieces of clothing and I picked only about a fifth or a tenth, bloodyhell I'm sh*t at maths. Mind you I used to be a right mathematician back in the day. Anyway, back to this lurvely collection which thrived on military coats and co. At first, I didn't really like the show but then I watched the whole of it on Youtube and I found it amazing. Star-studded front row, Burberry did really impress. They had that little thing that Unique did yesterday with the blackandwhite so I definitely think that's something to watch out for. The first casual look, I liked and furry arms is a big hit for next it and loving it nearly as much as I love leather arms. They had coats in popping colours that'd make you stand out on a rainy day and God, I am definitely going to get myself one of those (not Burberry ofcourse, who can afford that!? but a knock-off atleast).

The show ended with the models in furry white hats and clear raincoats and don't they look good?

My one concern about the show was that the models looks really thin! Like most of the shows, I've seen weren't that bad as models are like size 6-8 but these girls were like, I don't know, maybe the coats emphasized how small they were but have a look at some of the collection and you'll see. I managed to pick some less skinnier models. To be totally honest though, I don't really think there's anything wrong with how models look, it's just when you see the ones that looks like twigs that make you a little bit queezy. 

What do you think about models and their size in particular? Is it as big of an issue as it seems to be? 

Love, 
Umauma

xo

1 comment:

  1. It seems skinny is 'back' ,it's so wrong, Lara Stone's lost a lot of weight recently, we were all ready to accept 'plus size' (which isn't really plus size, it was just normal size) but oh no. The clothes are pretty though. x hivennn

    ReplyDelete