Monday 21 February 2011

LONDON FASHION WEEK: SO FAR!

London Fashion Week is pretty much everywhere right now. You can not get away from it and as much as you probably want to haha, I just have to blog about it! It's like absolutely epic right now. I'm so sad that I can't even be there because it looks that good. The LOOK show looked amazing but unluckily, I didn't win a ticket so I didn't go!!! But I thought I'd just give you and myself a little update of LFW so far and what the hottest trends are for A/W11.

 On Friday, we saw Sass & Bide do their thing with vibrant colours and all in all a fun experience when it came to clothing. Their music choice saw models walking in on a Asian, tropical beat and set the mood perfectly for the fashion "warriors". Sass & Bide's collection is very much looking like a SS11 collection but I guess since it's an Australian label, it would be sunny and hot in Australia. The tribal prints were all over the models and most of their shoes consisted of what the first model is wearing. In the middle we see a bit of camel there which has been on-trend for a while now so I can definitely see it coming through to A/W11! 

 Then Saturday came and boy did Mama said there'd be days like this! His collection is kooky, interesting and just plain, ole fun. I love how it was very much wearable from my view point and there was a lot of collars. I say my view point because I'm very into that boyish-girl-that-still-looks-like-a-girl-look. The midi skirts and 70's flare, I loved it. I also love that scarf/belf combination. I've seen people do it before but I've never tried it and with those awesome prints, I think anyone would look hawt in that! His Tee's as always were cutting edge and very much inyourface. It's a very british collection without actually featuring the Union Jack. If I were you I would definitely go have another look at this. 

Also on the Saturday, we saw Jonathan Saunders take the stage with his very ladylike collection. Some males were featured in it but I really liked how neat this collection is. Every piece infact. I think he was going very much for the classy with a twist sort of theme. All of it was very much collars and seeing that in Henry Holland, I think that's going to be a big hit in A/W11, I must say and I'm excited because that's basically, like I said before, my sort of realm when it comes to clothig. The geometric patterning on some of the clothes was phenomenal and I think he is pretty much all about patterns and prints. The shoes Jordan Dunn is wearing there, if you can just see them, are actually one of my favourites! So shoes are looking pretty good too. 

Before I start, I have to say, these models are gorgeous! Next is even though you can't see, they came out of a little English countryside hedge there which was rather strange but fittted in very much with the design aestetic that the lovely Emma Hill (Creative Director of Mulberry) had in mind since it was inspired by Mr. Fox. 

Now Mulberry and their bags have been all over the fashion industry and all over the blogging one too! People pretty much adore them and to see their designs, I love it. All of it was pretty much very wearable! I mean, any girl would die to be put in any of these clothes and I think the models really relate to that sort of average girl look, if you get what I mean because most people think the average girl is boring plain jane. Well guess what, plain jane is an utter fashionista and these are the clothes she wants to be seen in. I know without doubt all the high street is going to be doing replicas of this collection and I would be too! The last dress especially. It's a birdie print all over and with Miu Miu being a hit, this sure will be too and I can already see duplicates of that lilac collar dress. All in all, I am pretty much amazed by Mulberry and their Sunday presentation! 


Last but definitely not least, Unique Topshop everyone and they definitely were unique. The models hair, they looked like little puppydogs glamourously sauntering down the runway! I got the feeling from the start that it was very Cruella Deville here and I loved it! I can see camel and fur and maybe a little bit of velvet are all going to be in A/W11! It's a delight actually that I won't be having to buy as much as I thought I needed to but that first girl with her collared printed shirt and leather midi-skirt. She looks the bomb! I fell in love with that dress in the middle as soon as I saw it. Effortlessly beautiful. The camel/mustard/tobacco - don't really know what colour it is actually - dress with those shimmery tights and white shoes, love it. Can't forget the dalmation with it's little red bow tie. So cute! 

To be honest with you, London Fashion Week looks amazing these are just a few of the the designers! I was surprised about how much I love Mulberry and can't wait to blog about Today's shows and possibly tommorrows. 

What designers are you watching out for? 


Love, 


Umauma


xo

7 comments:

  1. great round up thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a talented little writer! Honestly, I read all of that post top-to-bottom and you kept my interest. One of the best LFW summaries I've read! Keep it up sweetie! Great post!

    Shope
    http://londonscloset.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also - Osman's collection was amazing, was it not?! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kirstyb - thanks for reading!

    Shope - I know! I wanted to do a write up on him so bad because I've seen some of his designs before but I didn't want to overload everyone with a bunch of designers all in one day haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a brilliant run down - i havent had time to check out the runway chows yet so this was brill

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete