Tuesday 8 March 2011

What Did She Buy!?

I bought Vintage, my darlings! I have been MIA for a series of days but fear not, I'm back and ready to rumble. Recently a Mean Girls-esque book was created on blogger and I don't know why but I just felt like I couldn't come on here because everyone was like "Urgh, who even uses blogspot!" Lmao, I felt a bit weird but I'm over it now. I can't even be bothered to repeat what that anonymous person said about it. It's way too pathetic for my liking. Enough excuses haha! 

I went to the VINTAGE FAIR WOOO! It was amazing. I found that the Saturday Flee Market which is normally there was amazing too and that I need to start going every other week or Month like I used to but also save mooore for Vintage FAIR!!! I was really good aha. There were loads of bargains and I bought a couple of things as well as things from Birmingham but I got SO lost, it was mad! I went there thinking, I know where everything was, followed some stupid directions and urggh, had to wait in a stupid queue but omgsh, I walked in and leather shorts were the first thing I saw. I wanted to buy all of them! 


I ended up buying these though! They are high-waisted and I love the zips on the sides. The flash makes 'em look awful but they're gorge! They don't quite fit me though so I don't know whether to get them altered or loose weight (Only a little bit, one of my friends did it by just eating healthily and doing PE and she's loosing weight though I've been trying to eat healthily and keep getting different tempations from the school canteen!) OR I could just sell them on ebay and buy some from the next Vintage Fair in November because I think leather is pretty much going to be in for A/W by what Acne produced, don't you think? Or well what I've seen from blogs! BUUUT so many people have birthdays in October, including myself and I wanna show 'em off! Blehhh, help meee decide?


This bag, where I'm keeping all my buys from birmingham for safe keeping haha, is lovely! I got it for £3 from the flea (which is why I should be going there every so often!) and it's like a huge purse, I love it.Very kitsch (is that the right word?) and reminds me of all the oversized things like over sized bows. Speaking of bows, I SO need a bow tie! I forgot to look in the mens ties section but back to the bag, I often don't spend money on Vintage bags because they break on me but I couldn't resist a bargain. 


This floral from Hypnotic, I lurrrve! I think I might give it to my little siter though haha but it'd be great for SUMMER! I'm not really looking at the trends that much for Summer haha but for the magazine, I have to :-P so I'm going to sprawl over the trends with a cup of hot cocoa and wearing some really cool primark glasses! 

Primark has some AMAZING stuff by the way but I couldn't stick the line in Birmingham. I think I'm just gonna go on a Sunday morning and buy my velvet shorts and some glasses. They didn't have my flip up glasses though! I would have stayed in the line if they had them, NO JOKE! 


I also got this top from Hypnotic. I think it's like a size 20 or something haha but it was in the sale and makes a nice oversized top because I am so for the oversized! It hides the flab and looks good if you wear it right. I think the shirt would look great with my leather shorts! CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE LEATHER SHOOOORTZZZZZ!!!!


Lastly, I got these gorgie creepers! They're slip ons and I love them. I think I love shoes that have that little wedge of not foam but lmao, I don't know the word! They're sooo coool! I love them and they're not like your average creepers and I didn't even THINK about getting creepers, that's the mad thing about it! They are really just something I'd wear with a nice dress, they look so darn good on my feet, I need to make some wear them a bit more though or else I'll be getting blisters because of them

To be totally honest, I took forty quid with me and I think, I could've bought alot more but forty quid was TOTALLY enough money to take, a couple more tenners would have been nice but they're not urgently needed! If you are looking for a bargain and are sick of the highstreet, Vintage Fair is definitely your one and only stop! 

What do you think of my buys?  

PS - I also met this woman from FROCKONVINTAGE! I'll write a reveiw of her stuff tommorrow but I SO wish I took a camera, GAHHHHH, there's always next time or maybe when I'm in London in the Summer, I can take a couple of pictures of the Vintage Fairs or Sample Sales or Brick lane there though, note to self - REMIND COUSINS TO TAKE YOU! 

Love, 

Umauma

xo

4 comments:

  1. *gasps* the shoes omg the shoes - I'M JEL! I WANT ONE TOO!

    Jen
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhh, I LOVE them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of items. I suggest when you buy Bow Ties (Köpa flugor) must choose the best colour for you. And don’t miss party without it.

    ReplyDelete